- 1-6 sessions can be helpful
- 7-12 sessions is perhaps more realistic in terms of making some good inner connections
- Periodic follow-ups can help to maintain gains
- Some individuals and couples benefit from longer-term therapy - the decision is a personal one
Pricing and length of consultation
Individual consultations are for approximately one hour; couple consultations a little longer.
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Some rebates apply for people with health insurance extras cover
- The aim is to provide professional counselling at reasonable rates
- Although this is not a bulk billing practice, in cases of financial hardship the fee level may be negotiated
For details of the pricing scale please contact Eva.
I believe fundamentally in learning from the patient*, from a position of compassion and respect. In a nutshell, my professional philosophy can be summed up by the saying of Lao-Tsu:
"It is as though (s)he listened and such listening… enfolds us in a silence in which at last we begin to hear what we are meant to be."
This is my goal, to be sufficiently still and receptive, that something like what Lao-Tsu suggests could happen.
On a practical level, "therapeutic fit" is a fact of life in the world of counselling psychology. The way I work as a therapist and supervisor will be right for some people and not for others. A brief personal discussion or initial interview will help to clarify this.
*Casement, Patrick (1985, 1991), On Learning from the Patient, London: Routledge.
Casement, Patrick (1990), Further Learning from the Patient -
the analytic space and process, London: Routledge.
MAPS, B.A, B.Ed (Counselling)
Brunswick Heads, Tweed Heads and The Pocket - Byron Shire,
Phone 0408 344 872